- Gavin Newsom infringed on Californians’ basic freedoms, demanding that we close our schools, shutter small businesses, and stay away from other people — causing enormous harm to millions of students, business owners, workers, and families.
- But Gavin Newsom dined at the French Laundry with his lobbyist friends and kept his Napa winery and tasting room open.
- Lockdown Crisis
- Crime Crisis
- Homelessness Crisis
- Cost of Living Crisis
- Education Crisis
- Wildfire Crisis
- Energy & Water Crisis
- Incompetence Crisis
- Population Loss Crisis
- Under Gavin Newsom, violent crime and property crimes have skyrocketed, and small businesses are plagued by theft.
- But Gavin Newsom has granted early release to tens of thousands of violent and repeat felons.
Cost of Living Crisis
- The price of housing in California is simply insane. In many places, $500,000 or $750,000 or $1,000,000 won’t buy you much, if anything.
- Housing prices in California are 150% higher than in the rest of the country.
- Gavin Newsom pledged to build 3.5 million new housing units by 2025. Where are they? Tied up in red tape by the Sacramento bureaucracy, led by Gavin Newsom. Builders want to build, but they can’t.
- Meanwhile, Gavin Newsom recently sold his Marin Mansion for $5.9 million.
- Gavin Newsom sent home millions of California’s children from school, forcing them to miss over a year of in-person instruction, and socially isolating them during a crucial developmental period of their lives.
- But at least Gavin Newsom provided his own kids with elite in-person instruction at private school.
- After 2020’s historically dreadful wildfires, Gavin Newsom pledged to better manage California’s forests.
- He said the state treated 90,000 acres of forests as a result of his executive order.
- That was a lie. He overstated the amount of acreage by 690%! The state had treated under 12,000 acres.
- Meanwhile, Gavin Newsom cut Cal Fire’s wildfire prevention budget by $150 million.
Energy & Water Crisis
- The hydroelectric plant at Lake Oroville shut down in August for the first time in history due to low water levels. Entire towns are running out of water and California’s farms are drying up.
- The state’s water infrastructure was built decades ago, and is not meant to support a population of nearly 40 million people.
- Gavin Newsom has done nothing to address our water needs. He is asleep at the wheel.
- Under Gavin Newsom’s watch, the EDD (Employment Development Department) paid up to $31 billion in COVID relief to fraudsters and criminals, while Californians’ jobless claims have been backlogged for weeks at a time.
Population Loss Crisis
- California’s population fell by 182,000 last year.
- This is the first time in California’s history that our population declined.
- People vote with their feet. Gavin Newsom is a failed governor.
By providing your mobile number, you consent to receive periodic updates from Larry Elder. Txt HELP for help, STOP to end. Msg & Data rates may apply